Main Forum

Citizen Drake

1 reply
Votes:
+14
Untagged users
((What happens when mundane criminals target a Secret Worlder? Easy enough to guess. But what if it happens in public?))

For all the power and now, even some serious influence Matt had on the "Secret" side of things, he still couldn't get out of some of his mundane life's obligations.

Which is why he was waiting in line, with everyone else at the bank, to send money back to his aunt and cousins, when the robbers arrived.

A dozen men, all in suits walked inside, their heads concealed with an all too familiar bunny mask, holding submachine guns. The security guard tried to reach for his sidearm, but he was instantly met with several barrels leveled on him. "Ya better drop that pal." The lead man said in a voice muffled by the mask. "That goes for all or you!" He shouted. "Ho ahead and try the silent alarm, not gonna work. Not with Tink in your systems. Now, lets all play this nice and friendly like, everyone on the floor, I want wallets, watcher, jewelry, and whatever is in the registers. B and C, move up on the vault."

There goes my afternoon. Matt thought, as his Blood magic kicked in, and time suddenly seemed to slow to a crawl. Lacking a firearm, even he couldn't get one of those inside a freaking bank, he resolved to nip this whole thing in the bud. Until his comlink started a beep. He let the magic go, time snapping back to its normal flow, so that he can actually hear his orders. "Agent. This is Council HQ Mission Control. This is a mundane matter. Do not, I repeat, do not interfere. Law enforcement has been notified. Stay put, and under no circumstance are you to use any supernatural powers. Or otherwise draw attention to yourself. HQ Over-and-out."

Well, fuck me. He thought. Sure, his walled held only a couple hundred dollars, nothing irrecoverable... but if the robbers wanted him to give up his watch, that would be trouble. True, they wouldn't know the artifact's actual value, but people like that would just take it and sell it in bulk. A woman with a baby behind him started crying as she and her child was herded to where two of the men kept the hostages. Matt was next. It was not the first time he came face to face with the barrel of a gun, but these things never get old. He briefly contemplated making a move... perhaps the guy would shoot, he'd regenerate at the well, and the watch will be safe.

But... That would mean abandoning all these people when he had the power, more than enough power to make this go away. And he wasn't too fond of the idea of dying a third time. Sure, there are Bees who regenerated dozens of time, but there was no guarantee that this power was infinite, or that everyone had the same number of "lives".

"S... sure, just don't hurt me..." he stammered, trying to pretend to be terrified. He let the man walk him towards the others, then... "Sir, please... I really need to go... I mean, you know. Go." The man just laughed. "And I care because?" he asked, chuckling. "Well... I mean these things take time, and you don't want to spend it standing in..." Matt let the sentence hang, but the point was made. "Fine. Yo, boss, dickweed here needs to go potty. Ima gonna keep an eye on'im okay?" he yelled. "Whatever." The apparent boss yelled back. "Just make sure he doesn't try anything."

The man swung his SMG around, now leading Matt towards the privacy of the mens room. After arriving, Matt turned around and looked at the man. "Say "Goodnight" he said, in a flat tone. "Just what the hell are yo..." the goon's sentence was cut off as a neurogenic shock knocked him out cold.

"There we go." Matt said. The suit wouldn't fit, but Fae Glamour would take care of that. He picked up the SMG and moved back out. None of the goons seemed to notice the missing prisoner. He hade his way towards the hostages, the security guard in particular. "This is your lucky day mate." he whispered. "Wha... why?" was all the guard let out. "Keep your voice down. I'm gonna deal with the rest of these clowns, and you, my new best friend, get to keep all the glory, capiche?" "Ye.. yes, sure, just don't hurt me." Matt didn't even answer as he systematically pulled goons away from the vault by one excuse or another, knocking them out effortlessly. At last he dropped the Glamour disguising him as a goon, and swiched to one micking him. "George Lawson" he read the badge. "Seriously? This guy can't catch a break."

Several hour later a news bulleting ran about how George Lawson, formerly employed by the Orochi Group, now single handedly thwarted a bank robbery by the use uf subterfuge, and impeccable martial arts skills. The man was a bit confused, but relised the attention he finally got.

"Good for you ol'buddy" Matt said to no on in particular, smoking a brandless black cigarette among the other "rescued hostages". "I'm so switching to online banking though."
Matthew "Andolar" Drake - SWL Main.

Andovar - Human Paladin, WoW main, retired
Andolar - Night Elf Rogue, Former-WoW main, also retired.
Posted Apr 12, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+14
Untagged users
Hours later , a member of Venice's Senior Council appeared on his steps. Matt went out to investigate what trpped the wards. "Sloppy Work Agent Drake" The councilor said. "Not that sloppy if you couldn't get in without tripping at least the alert function." He sat beside the Councilor, on the steps. "Smoke?" He asked. "Don't mind if I do." The councilor replied. "You should not disobey direct orders," he said in a laid back tone. "Not even if its saving lives?" Matt countered.

"Lives were secondary. You wanted to protect your treasure..." Matt face grows red. "How dare y" He is interrupted as he was suddenly incapable of action. "you would do well to observe protocol in the future. You got out now but..., see, Drake,I know your type. You'll either end up in a leadership position or get terminated. Be very careful to choose the correct path. By the way, the Glamour you used only affected minnds. We had to scrub every security footage. Learn to actually bend light, rather than making people think you did. Good night Mister Drake." The Councilor vanishes in a flash of golden light, Matt drops to the ground and looks ruefully at the cigarette now forever lost in a drain. He lights up a new one, and thinks about what was said,
Matthew "Andolar" Drake - SWL Main.

Andovar - Human Paladin, WoW main, retired
Andolar - Night Elf Rogue, Former-WoW main, also retired.
Posted Apr 12, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 12, 19
List
Undo
NoticeNotices