Main Forum

Remove EU Calendar?

3 replies
We added the EU Event Calendar some time ago after it got requested by players to make EU events more visible.

Right now, pretty much all events on there are mirrored on the US calendar as well. Which makes sense as EU evenings are also EST afternoons so they are relevant for both time zones.

To make it less work for event organizers and people in other time zones than EU & US I am considering to remove the EU calendar and merge them together again.

But since this has been a request, I'd like to see some discussion about it first. Maybe I am missing something.
IC Twitter: @A_Rovena
Posted Jul 19, 18 · OP
Untagged users
Personally I never saw the point of a separate EU event calendar in the first place.
There aren't so many events announced that it is hard to notice the EU events. If there had been a magnitude or two more events it might have made sense to split the calendar, to make it easier to get an overview. As it is, it just means you have to look in two places - and that there is a lot of duplication of information.
Posted Jul 19, 18
Untagged users
My preference would be for one calendar with all events. From a player standpoint, it's easier to see what's going on without having to look multiple places. From an event planner/promoter perspective, it makes it easier to get the information out there and easier to see potential conflicts with other events.
Posted Jul 23, 18
That's what I thought about it too. Since no one spoke up for a dedicated EU calendar, it's gone now.
IC Twitter: @A_Rovena
Posted Jul 24, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices