Main Forum
Page
of 3

SWLRP Roleplay Profile Add-On

29 replies
Votes:
+164
The SWLRP Roleplay Profile Add-On (or just "The SWLRP Add-on") is a replacement for the TSWRP mod originally created by Acenth. It allows players to create and view character roleplay profiles within Secret World Legends. It is not compatible with 'classic' TSW.

Homepage & Download

You can get more information, and download the mod, at the mod homepage at http://profile.swlrp.com. The homepage includes installation instructions, a FAQ, known issues, and other information.

Questions & Problems

If you have a question about the mod's function ("How do I....?") or a notice a problem or a bug ("I get an error when...."; "I can't get X to work...."), please post it on this thread! Other people might have encountered and resolve the same issues, or can give you feedback. If it truly is an error in the code, we can report it out 'properly' and get it resolved.

Feedback & Suggestions

If you have an idea for an improvement, new feature, or just want to say how much you love/hate the mod, you can also do so on this thread. Again, if we find a feature or feedback that seems especially worthwhile or compelling, we'll report it out 'properly' and see about working it in.

What do you mean, 'report it out properly'?

The actual development happens on Github, and that's what we're tracking issues with. However, Github isn't terribly user friendly and we don't want it clogged with lots of "how do I?" and bugs that aren't really bugs (maybe just misunderstanding of how something is supposed to work), so we'd prefer people leave their feedback here, and if we identify an actual issue regarding the coding or functionality, we'll go put it in Github.

=============

Bugs Thus Far

(Only bugs; I am not listing 'suggestions' at this time, but I am keeping track of suggestions!)

1. If you upgraded your TSW client to SWL rather than downloading the SWL client separately, you may need to install the mod in the TSW folders -- not the SWL ones! We've had one person encounter this problem. Technically not a bug, but good to be aware of! Not sure why this is the case.

2. The text is not anti-aliased and is kind of jagged around the edges. We're trying to figure out why (since by all right, it shouldn't be).

3. Bullet points are not being saved correctly (Github issue #57)

=======

Feature Requests Thus Far (Not Yet Implemented)

1. Ability to view public profiles via browser (Github issue #58)

2. Show full change log on website (Github issue #70)

==========

Consolidated Changes/Fixes Thus Far

1. Solved a conflict with the Custom Mission Log mod.

2. CSS fixes: improved legibility of text (larger size, darker background), centering fixes, spacing fixes on password input.

3. Added warning when opening links in the mod browser window.

4. Added ability to view own profile without entering a password.

5. Separated 'Ethnicity' and 'Species' fields

6. Backend coding fixes / cleanup

7. Autodeploy script (only for server side; not for Flash client)

8. Fixed error with placement of FriendlyMenu when mod is installed.
Technical writer, webmaster, and doer of many things.

Co-lead: Cerberus (Heavy RP cabal) | Admin: Secret World RP (SWLRP)

Characters: Sandrijn DeJaegher
Posted Aug 17, 17 · OP · Last edited Sep 5, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+164
It's official, boys and girls. This is live and kicking.

Remember, if you have any feedback or bugs, please post them here, first. Feedback can mean anything from "can you make the default font Comic Sans" to "how about this totally new cool feature" -- things that aren't *malfunctions*, but might make the mod nicer. Bugs are things that are actual problems/malfunctions that break how the mod is supposed to work!

Go forth and enjoy!

Posted Aug 20, 17 · OP · Last edited Aug 20, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+18
Untagged users
What a bunch of dookie! Who needs that?!

Just kidding! This was a lot of fun to make with you guys, and my first real team-based open source project, so I'm happy it's live now, and excited to see how people will use it!
Posted Aug 20, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Untagged users
Same. I learned alot about flash making this.
Posted Aug 20, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+13
Online on Site
Just installed it, looks amazing! Excellent work by all involved, thank you for your time and dedication.
scarablysig.jpg
Posted Aug 20, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I'm so very Happy to see this mod !! The similar for TSW was one of the games very best features!!

That being said.. I just can not get it to work! :(

I'm certain I have the files in the right place but I get no RP button or menu option when targeting a player.

I have an upgraded TSW classic installation

This seems like it will end up being simple to fix.. but I'm at a loss

ETA: Simple fix. in the GUI folder are two folders for customized gui.. I assume one from the old game called "Customized" and the correct one to make it work in SWL "Custom"
Posted Sep 1, 17 · Last edited Sep 1, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Untagged users
Yeah, the old TSW had customzied, the new one has custom.
If you can't keep a secret, you don't belong in a secret society.
Posted Sep 1, 17
Votes:
+18
Untagged users
Version 1.2 of the server, nicknamed "Sheriff Bannerman," just went live.

New things this time:

• Fixed a missing space before the player nickname in the "change password" dialog.
  • When opening your own profile, you will now be able to see it without needing to log in first. (Suggested by Ankhani).
  • Added a script to ease deployment to different environments. (So releasing a new version is less complicated now).

This has been automatically rolled out as of a few minutes ago. You do not need to re-download or update the Flash add-on.

Have fun!
Posted Sep 3, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+10
Untagged users
This is awesome.

Thanks for your hard work to make this possible!
3974485.jpg
Dawn "Dusk" Greenaway - Modern Day Bard
Posted Sep 5, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+164
I have cleaned up the thread and removed most of the posts which have already been addressed. Please see the first post for a list of known issues, fixes already done, and enhancements requested. Post new feedback and bugs as they're found / thought of!

Posted Sep 5, 17 · OP
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices